- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg)boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. soup(30 ml)hot sauce
- 2/3 cups (170 ml)Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- 1 C. tea(5 ml)onion powder
- 1 C. tea(5 ml)garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. tea(2.5 ml)cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp. tea(1.25 ml)white pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup (60 ml)blue cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml)plain yogurt, 2% to 4% fat
- 1/4 cup (60 ml)Light mayonnaise
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1 C. soup(15 ml)lemon juice, fresh
- 40baby carrots
- 4celery stalks, cut in 4
- 4celery leaf sprigs (optional garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C).
2. Cut each chicken thigh into three equal sized strips and place them in a plastic bag. Add the hot sauce to the bag. Close the bag and use your hands to make sure all sides of the chicken are coated with the hot sauce. Refrigerate and marinate for an hour or preferably overnight.
3. Spray a baking dish with spray vegetable cooking oil.
4. Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the onion and garlic powder, cayenne and white pepper and spread the mixture on a shallow dish.
5. Use a fork to press each piece of chicken into the seasoned breadcrumbs and turn them to coat well. Press down with a fork to flatten the chicken pieces slightly. Place spicy boneless “wings” in prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 7 to 8 minutes, until the chicken pieces turn golden and the internal temperature reaches 165 ° F (74 ° C).
Mash blue cheese with a fork on a small plate. Stir in a small bowl with the plain yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. To serve, place the blue cheese dip in the center of a plate and surround it with tangy “wings” and vegetable sticks. Garnish with a few fresh celery leaves.