You may have heard often praised the merits of good old cast iron pans … But you also find that they are intimidating and you do not know how to cook with that? No problem, here is all you need to know about this essential item in a kitchen.
1.The Advantages Of Cast Iron Stoves
Long before non-stick pans exist… our grandmothers used to cook with cast iron pans. And they probably weren’t sticking their food. Here’s why we love them:
- They are excessively solid. Cast iron does not deform over time, which makes it very, very durable. Your grandmother’s same pan can still be used very well today … and bequeathed to your children.
- When hot, they stay hot for a really long time.
- It looks like they bring out flavors more than any other type of pan.
- They can be used on a stove, on a gas stove, in the oven, on the BBQ or even directly on a campfire.
- Compared to “technological” non-stick pans, they are not expensive.