The bathroom is one of the most used rooms in the whole house and one of the dirtiest. It is also a real playground for mold and grime. Make cleaning your bathroom easier with these great homemade solutions.
The basis: the tools and the organization
Everyone wants to live in a clean house, but few people like to clean it. No need to be afraid of this task! But how do you do it ?
- With a plan to organize your cleaning routine well to speed up the big clean up , which starts with getting you the right tools and common cleaning supplies everyone has at home.
- Next, develop a checklist by noting daily, weekly, and occasional tasks and attack one room at a time.
- No matter what room you cleaned, follow a specific order for cleaning .
In short, the zone attack plan (PAZ), so named because you successively focus on different parts of the house, is the quickest and most effective strategy for cleaning up.
Now let’s take a closer look at each area of the house.
Why start with the attic? When you are cleaning the whole house, start on the top floor and go down gradually so that you do not have to go to the areas already cleaned.
The cleaning of the attic can seem daunting, but rest assured: you just clean background in the house at least once a year.
- Before cleaning your attic, wear a disposable mask to avoid breathing dust and other irritants.
- Vacuum everywhere – ceiling, beams, walls and floor, then a damp cloth dipped in a mixture of water and mild dish soap on all surfaces.
Mold in the attic is a sign that you have a humidity problem – maybe a leaky roof, maybe poor ventilation. It is essential to get rid of mold .
Stairs are an important part of your home and are subject to constant daily use – hence the need to thoroughly clean your interior stairs .
- Whether your stairs are carpeted or not , always start by vacuuming the bottom in order to always stand on a clean step.
- Wipe the painted handrails with a soft, damp cloth.
- If the rail is particularly dirty, add a few drops of dish soap to the hot water. Dry thoroughly with another cloth.
No matter what room in your home, you need to occasionally clean the walls , ceilings and especially the floor . You need to consider the type of flooring in order to use the right tools .
Caution should be exercised when washing parquet and wooden floors : if you use too much water, the wood may swell.
- Vacuum your parquet every week.
- Never use water to clean a wooden floor , which can cause deformation and even rot.
- Instead, wrap the head of a mop with a soft, damp cloth. Wipe over a small area at a time, wiping with a second cloth before moving to another area.