When your fridge is full of delicious, healthy, convenient foods, it’s easy to eat well. To get there, complete this fridge transformation project. Here’s how to get started.
When to transform your fridge.
The best time for a refrigerator transformation is the day before garbage collection so that the food to be discarded does not hang around, gives off unpleasant odors, attracts pests or degrades.
- A sturdy stepladder for access to the upper cupboards and hard-to-reach places at the bottom of the shelves.
- Trash bags.
- Zippered bags to put the things you will keep – or throw away.
- Cleaning supplies for pantry and refrigerator shelves.
- Two to 10 hours, depending on the size of your kitchen.
- You can divide the task into small manageable chunks if it seems too large to do it all at once.