6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation


According to doctors, incorrect posture when sitting in front of a computer causes 75% of fatigue and muscle and joint pain. For the remaining 25%, it is simply a lack of rest.

Boredmojo has put together for you the best recommendations from specialists on how to sit so as not to have health problems.

 

Pain in my legs

6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation

Do not cross your legs: this blocks blood circulation, obstructs its normal flow, and causes unpleasant sensations such as numbness and restless legs syndrome.

You must first adjust your chair. The legs should not be suspended in the air, and the edge of the chair should not press under the knees. Place your feet firmly on the ground or on a special support, so that your legs are at an angle of just over 90º.

 

Back ache

6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation
The depth of the chair should match the volume of your hips. If your chair is too big, put a cushion behind your back: it will receive all or most of the weight. Otherwise, you will slide backwards and this will cause tension and back pain.

The chair should have a comfortable back with a natural curve so that the back does not take the shape of a question mark.

Do not change position, even if it is uncomfortable. Give your muscles time to get used to the correct position. Some of them will relax, and you will start to enjoy this new position. But it takes time, you have to be patient.

 

If your hands hurt

6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation

When you work at the computer, your hands are always very outstretched. Tension and incorrect posture can cause a dull, lingering pain, as well as numbness in the hands in the morning.

The position of the shoulders and forearms is correct if the keyboard and mouse are at elbow level. The wrists should be straight, and not splay out to the sides. The arms should form a 90 ° angle and the forearms should rest on the desk.

 

Neck pain

6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation

The screen should be placed at the correct height, so as not to hurt your neck or head. If it is too low, you will have to bend your back or lower yourself towards your chair. This increases the weight on the intervertebral discs and can cause herniated and protruding discs.

Sit in your chair, close your eyes and relax. By reopening them, you will see the point where the screen should be placed. If necessary, put the screen on a stand so that it is at eye level. The screen should be in front of you, not to the side so that you can minimize the weight on your neck and eyes.

 

Eye pain or fatigue

6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation

Visual syndrome is one of the consequences of constant work in front of the computer: blurred vision, dry, red eyes. Then, headache and irritation.

Adjust the screen again. Doctors estimate that the screen should be at eye level, about 50 cm from your face.

Decreases screen brightness. If your computer is next to the window, move it around or close the curtain. Adjusts the brightness, contrast, and font size.

It is advisable to use special glasses that filter some of the blue light. Your eyes will be less tired and more protected.

Don’t forget to do eye exercises. Every hour, for 20 minutes, you can look out the window or “scan” your room with your eyes. Also do some simple eye exercises.

 

Rapid fatigue

6 Tips To Avoid Ruining Your Health When You Sit At Your Workstation

If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, and you like fatty and sugary foods, cholesterol starts to build up on the walls of your blood vessels. The veins stretch and the valves no longer perform their function.

You start to experience unpleasant sensations, fatigue in your feet and knees, your feet start to swell and you may have high blood pressure disorders. Usually these symptoms appear in the evening.

Take your time to do some sport. Or do simple exercises for 15 minutes. Try to walk instead of using the car or public transport. And especially pay attention to your diet.


Like it? Share with your friends!