We all strive to eat healthy, fresh foods. And yet, not all of us have the opportunity to go to the market every day to shop. We are therefore obliged to stock a lot of products at home.
Boredmojo shares with you 10 tips that will help you keep your food cooler for longer.
1. You can freeze the milk for a few weeks.
2. Freeze eggs using ice cube molds
Sometimes it happens that we cannot use all the eggs while they are fresh, or we only use the whites, and we do not know what to do with the yolks. You can also freeze them! To do this, you have to break the eggs and pour them into ice cube molds, adding a small amount of salt or sugar (this will keep their original consistency). Use them whenever you want!
3. Store your favorite sauce in an airtight plastic bag.
4. Green salad leaves will keep their freshness more if you wrap them in a paper towel.
5. You can keep the apples in the fridge for a few months
6. To keep the carrots well, you can store them in sand.
Storing carrots in sand is a popular method among people who grow their vegetables. Not surprisingly, the sand reduces the vaporization of moisture from the carrots and thus stops the growth of mold.
7. Prevents cottage cheese or sour cream from turning
8. You can keep the chives longer if you put them in a glass of water.
Chives can be fresh longer if you store them in a bottle with water. Cut the chives where you need them, they will grow again and again .
9. Store fresh herbs in a glass bottle.
10. So that the honey does not oxidize, it is better to store it in glass bottles.
Honey can be stored for years without losing its properties. It is important to store it in the right place and in a suitable container. The best option is to keep it in an obscure glass vial with a lid. Do not store honey in metal containers, or in a rusty container: honey will oxidize, too.